Ingredients for making Argentinean cake "Torta negra"
- Premium wheat flour 2 cups
- Sugar 100 gr.
- Chicken egg 1 pc.
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon (ground) 0.5 teaspoon
- Nutmeg (ground) 0.25 teaspoon
- Black tea 1 cup
- Dried fruits 200 gr.
- Baking powder for dough 2 teaspoons
- Main Ingredients: Raisin, Dried Apricots, Prunes
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine Argentinean Cuisine
Baking dish, Parchment paper, Bowl, Spoon, Kitchen knife, Serving dish
Cooking Argentinean cake "Torta negra":
Step 1: Prepare Dried Fruits.You can buy dried fruits to your taste. I chose: raisins, dried apricots, prunes, apples and cherries, as it seems to me that they go well with honey. So, first of all, you need to cut dried fruits into small pieces (about the size of a twist). We brew large-leaf black tea and pour dried fruit on it. Leave to soak at least 6 hours.
Step 2: Knead the dough.Dried fruits soaked in fragrant tea are transferred to a bowl and covered with sugar, add the egg with spices. Mix thoroughly with a spoon, after which pour flour and baking powder and stir until a homogeneous mass is formed. Next we add two tablespoons honey and finally knead the dough.
Step 3: Cook the Argentinean Pie.Set the oven to heat. 170 degrees. Cover the baking dish with parchment paper and spread a homogeneous dough on top. Then we send about to bake in the oven about for 1 hour.
Step 4: Serve the Argentinean Pie.Grease the finished hot cake with the remaining honey and let cool slightly. Then we cut it into portioned pieces and brew fragrant tea with lemon. Enjoy your meal!
- - Check the readiness of the cake with a match. If it is dry - the cake is ready.
- - Dried fruits can be used to your taste. The main thing is that their total number does not exceed 200 grams.
- - If you do not have parchment paper, you can grease the baking dish with a piece of butter and lightly sprinkle with flour.