Ingredients for making grog from tea
- Water 600 ml.
- Tea black large-leaf 2 tbsp. spoons
- Rum 0.5 l.
- Sugar 3-5 tbsp. spoons
- Allspice 4 pcs.
- Black pepper peas 3 pcs.
- Clove 3 pcs.
- Star anise 3 pcs.
- Cinnamon on the tip of a knife
- Nutmeg on the tip of a knife
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineEnglish Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Teapot, Strainer, Kitchen knife, Tablespoon, Cups, Stove
Making grog from tea:
Step 1: Brew TeaPour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. The teapot is slightly scalded and rinsed, pour tea into it and pour boiling water. Close the lid and let the tea brew and brew 10 minutes. While the tea is brewing, wash the lemon thoroughly under cold running water and cut in half.
Step 2: Making a grog of tea.We take the pot and filter the brewed tea through a strainer. Add sugar to tea and mix. Then add the spices: cloves, pepper, nutmeg, star anise and cinnamon. Mix again, pour a bottle of rum into tea and squeeze the juice from the lemon. We put the pan on a slow fire and bring to a boil, and immediately turn it off. Grog is not boiling! Close the pan with a lid and let it brew. 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Serve the grog of tea.Grog is immediately poured into cups and served hot. Hot grog is especially useful on a cold winter evening, as it warms perfectly. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you do not like some spices, you can not add them to the grog. You can shape the set of spices to your taste.
- - It is better to make tea in a clay teapot; it stores heat longer and tea, as a result, it turns out more saturated.
- - Tea for grog should be of good quality without fillers, flavors and additives.
- - Lemon can simply be cut into circles and put in a grog before cooking. You can also grate or finely chop the lemon zest and also add it to the grog.
- - Sugar can be replaced with honey, but honey should be put already after cooking the grog, since at high temperatures, honey loses its useful properties.
- - Rum in this recipe can be replaced with cognac.
- - Lemon can be replaced with orange or lime.