Scallop Jam Ingredients
- Scallops 0.5 kg.
- Raw carrots -1 piece. taste
- Onion 1 piece.
- Chicken eggs 2 pieces.
- Instant gelatin 20 grams.
- Parsley 4 branches.
- Lemon or lime 0.5 pieces.
- Bay leaf 1 piece.
- Parsley root 1 piece.
- Allspice 2 peas.
- Black pepper peas 5 pieces.
- Salt 1 teaspoon.
- Mayonnaise (for sauce) 200 ml.
- Garlic (for sauce) 2 cloves.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Portion 6-8
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan with a minimum volume of 2.5-3 liters, Sieve, Knife, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Saucepan, mug or bowl with a volume of 1 l, Jellies, Refrigerator, Sauce, Serving plates
Preparation of jellied scallops:
Step 1: prepare a vegetable broth.Wash carrots, onions and parsley root thoroughly. Put in a large pot and pour water. Add salt, bay leaf, black and allspice in peas. Cook until vegetables are cooked. Then cool the broth slightly and strain through a sieve. Throw the onion and parsley root, put the carrots back - we still need it.
Step 2: defrost and cook scallops.
Step 3: prepare the basis for aspic.Hard boiled eggs. To do this, take a small pan, put eggs in it and pour cold water. Cook 10-12 minutes after boiling water, then immediately transfer the eggs to cold water. Clean the cooled eggs and cut into rings, slices, figures, etc. how much fantasy is enough. We do the same with boiled carrots. The meat of scallops is cut into oblong cubes. Cut the lemon into slices or figurines like eggs and carrots.
Step 4: prepare a gelatin solution.
Step 5: fill the forms.
Step 6: serve the scallop fillet.After the gelatin filling has completely hardened, you can serve the filler from the scallops to the table. To do this, you will need serving plates of a slightly larger size than jellied dishes. Lower the molds with the frozen aspic in hot water for a few seconds (do not allow the transfusion of water over the edge of the mold and get into the aspic!). Then cover the form with a serving plate and in one motion turn the filler from the form onto the plate. Top can be crushed with fresh herbs. As a sauce, a mayonnaise-garlic mixture in a gravy boat is suitable. To make it, mayonnaise should be mixed with chopped garlic. You can add spices to taste. Traditional drinks - dry white wine or mineral water. It is better if the drinks are chilled only a little. Enjoy your meal!
- - if scallops are thawed in water, the main thing is not to overexpose, otherwise they will be saturated with excess moisture and become tasteless. Microwaves should also not be used - shellfish meat will become tough. - if gelatin is not instant (this is indicated on the package itself), then before dissolving it in the broth, soak it in warm water for 20-30 minutes before swelling.
- - for cooking aspic it is better to take small forms, from an approximate calculation 1 form = 1 serving. - so that during filling the forms with the broth not to shift the filling of vegetables and meat, it is easiest to fill the broth with a thin stream with a tablespoon.