Ingredients for the preparation of salad "Olivier" with meat
- Low-fat meat 60 grams
- Potato 60 grams
- Fresh, salted or pickled cucumbers 40 grams
- Green salad 10 grams
- Cancer necks 10 grams
- Chicken eggs 45 grams
- South sauce 15 grams
- Mayonnaise 70 grams
- Pikuli 10 grams
- Black olives 10 grams
- Vegetable oil for roasting meat to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Spoon, Salad bowl
Cooking Olivier salad with meat:
Step 1: prepare the meat.The original recipe for this salad uses hazel grouse. And not simple, but fried. With grouse in most cases, it is difficult for us. And the chickens are already tired. let's just take a piece of meat. The meat should naturally be lean. Young veal is quite suitable. By the way, in Azerbaijani cuisine there is a very similar salad based on lamb. Have you chosen? Finely chop it and fry in oil. You can, of course, just boil. But this is, no matter how you judge, a departure from the canons.
Step 2: boil the potatoes.For salad, non-friable varieties are best suited, which better keep the shape. Ready potatoes should be cooled and cut into small slices.
Step 3: prepare the rest of the ingredients.We also finely cut cucumbers and salad, eggs, pickles, olives.
Step 4: connect everything together.We mix meat, potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, eggs, pickles in a salad bowl, season with mayonnaise. For taste, add South sauce here, instead of which Kabul soy was used in the classic recipe. To decorate the salad, slices of meat, as well as cancer necks, lettuce, are quite suitable, everything that your imagination tells you.
Step 5: serve to the table.Serve the real "Olivier" very cold in a crystal vase. Enjoy your meal!
- - In Soviet times, instead of crayfish, boiled carrots were used in this salad, and green peas instead of olives. How to be - you decide. Now, cancer necks and olives are no longer in short supply.
- - Lucien Olivier's signature mayonnaise, which went to this salad, is made from 2 eggs, 1 pound of olive oil in French vinegar.
- - Olivier can also be cooked with boiled fish. True, in old cookbooks it is indicated that sterlet, beluga or sturgeon are used for this.