Ingredients for making steamed buns with meat and cabbage.
- Granular dry yeast - 1 sachet (small) or 20 grams of fresh
- Distilled pure water 200 milliliters
- Sifted wheat flour 1 cup for kneading + 4 cups during mixing
- Food potato starch 150 grams
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Softened butter 50 grams
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- Cabbage white cabbage floor (approximately 500-600 grams)
- Minced pork 300 grams
- Onion 2 pieces (large)
- Vegetable oil approximately 50 milliliters for frying and 50 milliliters for lubricating compartments
- Soya sauce to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Distilled pure water 50 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Cabbage, Onion, Flour
- Serving: 20 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Stewpan, Stove, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Wooden kitchen spoon, Table spoon - 2 pieces, Teaspoon, Glass, Kitchen towel, Knife, Cutting board, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Frying pan with a lid, Wooden kitchen shovel, Baking tray, Bakery Paper, Steamer, Rolling Pin, Plate
Cooking steamed buns with meat and cabbage:
Step 1: prepare the dough.First of all, you need to do the cooking of the dough! We pour 200 milliliters of pure distilled water into the stewpan and put the capacity on the stove, turned on at an average level. We heat the liquid for about up to 38 - 40 degrees, so that you can calmly lower your fingers into it and not get burned. When the water warms up to the desired temperature, remove the stewpan from the stove and pour the liquid into a deep bowl. Add the right amount of fresh yeast to it and knead them with clean fingers so that we get very small pieces. After the first bubbles appear on the surface of the solution, add the butter softened to room temperature, salt, sugar and mix the mass with a wooden kitchen spoon until the grains of the last two ingredients are completely dissolved. Then we introduce potato starch, re-mix the ingredients until smooth and begin to gradually pour the sifted wheat flour, while kneading the dough with a spoon. As the author of this recipe wrote, 250 grams of flour really turned out to be very small, it took about another 3.5 cups for kneading and half a glass left for rolling. When the wooden spoon ceases to help in the batch, we continue the process with clean hands until the dough is homogeneous, soft and without flour lumps. We lubricate the container in which the batch was made, with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, and put the dough rolled into a ball into it. We cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and put it in a warm place near the included stove on 1 - 1.5 hours, during this time the dough will increase in size by about 2 times.
Step 2: prepare the ingredients for the filling.
Step 3: prepare the filling.
Step 4: form the buns.
Step 5: steam the buns.After we install the compartments of the double boiler one on top of the other and stand the rolls in this form 5 to 6 minutes. Then cover the kitchen utensil with a lid and cook the buns for a couple over 15 - 20 minutes until ready. After the required time has passed, remove the lid from the double boiler, using two tablespoons, very carefully remove the finished flour products, put them on a plate, arrange them with a garnish in the form of pickles and serve.
Step 6: serve steamed buns with meat and cabbage.Steamed buns with meat and cabbage are served hot together with soy sauce and any other Korean dishes, such as Korean carrots, beets, seaweed or garlic. And also this dish can be supplemented with fresh finely chopped greens of dill, parsley, basil or green onions. Savor this yummy with sake or with a fresh gull of any kind. Enjoy it! Enjoy your meal!
- - Do not heat the water too much, the yeast will not rise in the hot liquid.
- - If you wish, you can experiment with the filling by adding any other stewed vegetables, such as mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, carrots.
- - Instead of minced pork, you can use minced chicken.
- - The composition of spices can be supplemented with any other spices that are suitable for meat dishes.
- - Rolls from this type of dough cannot be baked in the oven!