Ingredients for cooking pilaf "Ararat"
- Rice 1 kilogram
- Fresh apples (of any grade) 700 grams
- Fresh quince 700 grams
- Raisins 1 cup
- Dried apricots 1/2 cup
- Butter 200-300 grams
- Almonds 1/2 cup
- Salt to your liking
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Bowl, Colander, Tablespoon, Sharp knife, Cutting board, Saucepan, Frying pan, Wooden spatula, Baking tray, Serving dish, Kitchen stove
Cooking pilaf "Ararat":
Step 1: Prepare Fig.To do this, carefully sort and rinse the rice under running water, then fill it for 40 minutes with slightly salted clean water. When it swells a little, you can throw it in a colander so that all the water from it is glass.
Step 2: Cook the pic.Put a large pot with clean drinking water on a high heat and bring to a boil, then add salt to it according to your preference and fill in the swollen rice. Reduce the heat and simmer it for about 15 minutes, so that the grains become soft on the outside, but still elastic inside. After that, lay it in the form of two slides, one of which should be slightly higher than the other, on a large serving dish. This is due to the fact that Mount Ararat, in fact, has 2 peaks, and not one, as it is now customary.
Step 3: Cook fruits and nuts.Wash fresh fruits well under water, then peel them and cut each of them into 4-6 parts. Put them on a baking sheet and place in the oven. The oven must be preheated to 160 ° C. Bake fruit for about 20 minutes. Sort dried apricots and raisins and rinse well under water. On a medium heat, heat a pan with butter, lightly fry dried apricots, almonds and raisins, regularly mixing them with a wooden spatula.
Step 4: Serve pilaf "Ararat".Gently lay the baked fruits on the sides of the rice slides, and use fried dried fruits and nuts as a decoration, they should cover the rice almost completely, and only the tops of the mountains should remain white. Serve such pilaf in hot form, and it is recommended to use fruit light wines as a drink. Good appetite!
- - Apples can not be divided into slices, and baked whole with quince, it also comes out very tasty, since the fruits retain all the juice inside.
- - If you are going to cook this sweet for a romantic dinner, then you can decorate pilaf with fresh apples. At the upper tail, make a small depression, pour a little alcohol into it, and when serving the dish on the table, turn off the light and light the alcohol in apples.
- - You can also use small cookies to decorate the dish.