- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed of tough green tops and chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 6 Cups vegetable broth
- 1¼ Cup frozen corn
- 1½ Teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- ¼ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2¼ Pounds pumpkin, seeded, and cut into ½- by 1-inch-thick pieces
- 2 bay leaves
Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until very soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the bell peppers; reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the peppers soften, about 8 more minutes.
Add the broth, corn, marjoram, crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, pumpkin, and bay leaves, and cook until the pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.
Calories Per Serving243
Folate equivalent (total)94µg23%